Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HW 9: Applying Graff Chapt 4 to Huffington

I chose to write and reflect about Arianna Huffington Interview, “Punching Holes in Faded Mirrors” from Kline and Burstein’s Blog! The article talked about why the blogosphere is such a vital part of the media industry and how she hopes that the Huffington Post will aide to many different issues. There were many different statements she made that I agreed with and also a few that I disagreed with. I agree that with blogs enormous amounts of people have become their own reports because my experience when writing these blogs is kind of like you have your own say and you are able to write and say what you feel in the way you want it to come across to for other readers confirms it. Another thing I agreed with was that she said blogs are like open nature of forums being connected because on one blog it could have four or five links to other peoples blogs with the same topics or even websites which have more information on the topic and sometimes even pictures to make it more clearer and grab you attention in.
Although I agreed a lot, there was a few I disagreed. I disagreed with Huffington’s view that the mainstream media put the topic off to the side and ignored it while bloggers kept going until the issue was over, because as recent research has shown, the media will always follow a topic for months even if it only appears on a two second clip, there are hundreds of reports for new channels designated to a certain topic. Another thing I disagree with when she said that mass media can only focus on one story at a time, because on the news there are a few top headlines and they spend a certain amount of time on each and have the other news on after. There are always different top headlines and the important ones appear for weeks at a time.

No comments: